Structuring your information to make it easy to find and to see new connections and patterns can give you powerful insights into your organisation. Metadata, taxonomies and ontologies are key to better leveraging your information.
As internationally recognised experts in the taxonomy and ontology field we are well positioned to help you put in place the necessary frameworks to enable you to leverage your information. We understand that these semantic structures must deliver value and we use our many years of practical experience to do just that.
What we can deliver
- Domain model: a conceptual overview of all your information, no matter where it is
- Container design: the structures and file plans that your content should be stored in
- Navigation design: the labels and hierarchies that enable effective navigation
- Metadata schemas and data models: the attributes and definitions of your types of information
- Vocabularies: the pick lists, taxonomies and ontologies used to control metadata values
- Findability design: the approach for searching, filtering, and grouping
- Permission design: who can do what, to collections of content, and how to control it
- Template design: the site, page, document and other templates needed for consistency
A well-designed information architecture will help you to sort through the background noise of too much information, reveal new connections and highlight opportunities to better exploit your information. Working with us will help you understand what metadata, taxonomies and ontologies can do for you and give you the framework you need to structure your information to most effect.
To find out more about how we can help you, get in touch at email@example.com.