We all understand the need to have health check-ups with a skilled professional. Check-ups can identify potential problems and help avoid trouble in the future.
The same is true of your SharePoint system. Pre-emptive checking is both more cost-effective and less risky than waiting for problems to just happen.
SharePoint, like many similarly complex and extensive information systems can be configured well and badly. The Microsoft marketing machine has led many to think that SharePoint deployment and configuration is both simple and quick. In some cases it can be both of these things; however it is frequently set up by inexperienced staff that are not aware of the ramifications of their configuration actions, nor with regard to long term management and usability.
Metataxis offer an independent health check of your SharePoint deployment to discover potential problems before they become actual problems. This enables you make informed decisions on the appropriate steps to take.
The Metataxis Approach
A Metataxis SharePoint Health Check is unique in that it covers both the technology and information architecture characteristics of your SharePoint deployment.
The technical configuration of your SharePoint is important, but so too is how your information is organised within your implementation. This information dimension is often overlooked in SharePoint deployments which can result in expensive, unusable, or even a failed system.
More crucially, many aspects of SharePoint require a thorough understanding of both the technical and the information aspects of implementing a useable SharePoint system. The Metataxis team has the unique skills and experience to bridge the world of technology and pure information, to provide a unified and thorough analysis.
The Health Check Methodology
Metataxis has a simple methodology that provides quick health check results. This is based on over 40 SharePoint implementations we have worked on.
- Analyse: A Metataxis consultant conducts an audit of your SharePoint environment.
- Document: The consultant documents their findings to produce an organisation specific set of recommendations.
- Review: The consultant discusses the recommendations with the organisation, refining if required.
- Support: Follow-up advice is available via email or phone after the delivery of the recommendations.
Areas Health Checked
The precise areas health checked will vary depending on the nature of the deployment, but will typically include:
- Web application, site collection and site architecture
- User permissions and user access model
- Content types, columns and tagging
- Term sets and classification
- Use of templates
- Search configuration
- Libraries, views and folder configuration
- Navigation and high-level user interface
- Usability and look and feel
- Use of workflows
- Publishing and versioning configuration
- Information governance and policies
- Integration with external systems
- Use of social media
- Use of records management
- Culture and change management
- Training and support
Cost and Timescales
A standard health check costs £4,000 and can be done in 5 days. Other more extensive SharePoint health checks can also be performed if needed. Contact us for more information.
|Download the service summary sheet.|