Data Protection and Privacy
At Metataxis, information management is at the very core of our services and value we offer our clients. The relationships we have with our clients are at the heart of everything we do and that means we value your trust. The advent of new data protection regulations is a great opportunity to tell you how we ensure the safety and security of your information.
This Privacy Notice describes how Metataxis Limited may use, process, store and disclose the Personal Information that we may collect about individuals. The types of data we collect are described in the section below “Personal Information Collection and Reuse”.
We act as a controller and we are responsible for the Personal Information we process. This Notice informs you how we protect your Personal Information and informs you about your privacy rights.
Personal Information Collection and Reuse
Metataxis may collect and store information from you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you (“Personal Data”). This happens when you:
- Visit our website.
- When you visit our website at metataxis.com we use the third-party service Google Analytics to collect standard web log data and details of visitor use patterns. This gives us a range of summary analytical information but does not provide any personally identifiable information.
- We do not in any way try to identify the personal identities of visitors to our website.
- Follow our Blog.
- If you would like to follow our blog we do ask for personally identifiable information from you in the form of your e-mail address.
- We request this information in order to provide you with updates on this website.
- You can unsubscribe from the blog by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prospective clients.
- We collect some personal data from prospective clients during the sales and marketing process, including from website enquiry forms requesting further information on our products and services.
- The personal information includes your name, role, organisation, email address, telephone number, information you provide in emails, letters or during telephone calls.
- We may also find the details of corporate contacts published on other websites and social media.
- We may enter the individual’s name and business email address in to our database as a designated corporate point of contact for that prospective client together with the individual’s other business contact data.
- The source of a corporate point of contact may be the individual themselves, or their name and business details may be provided to us by another manager within the organisation.
- We will retain this information for a period of two years following the last activity or engagement with you.
- Become our Client.
- If you become a client of Metataxis we will collect personally identifiable information from you, such as your name, email address, contact details to provide consultancy products and services to you.
- We may enter the individual’s name and business email address in to our database as a designated corporate point of contact for that client together with the individual’s other business contact data.
- We will retain this information for a period of twelve years following the last activity or engagement with you.
- Become our Supplier.
- If you become a supplier to Metataxis we will collect personally identifiable information from you in the form of your name, email address, contact details for the purposes of contacting supplier as a recipient of your goods and services.
- We will retain this information for a period of seven years following the last activity or engagement with the supplier company.
- Apply to join us.
- If you respond to our ‘We are recruiting’ section on this website to register your interest in joining the Metataxis team, we will collect personally identifiable information from you in the form of your name, email address, and your CV if this is sent.
- If you do not become an employee, we will retain your information for 1 year after receipt.
- If you do become our employee, we will retain your information for six years after the employment relationship ceases.
Metataxis will only contact you for marketing purposes, for example to keep you up to date on our work, or new products and services where we have your consent.
We will not send you marketing material or communications if you tell us that you do not wish to receive it. Where you give us your consent to send you marketing information, you may opt out of this at any time.
If you wish to change how we communicate with you, update the information we hold, or opt out of marketing communication, then please contact us:
- email us email@example.com.
- additionally, you can opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email from Metataxis
Cookies and Passive Tracking
A ‘cookie’ is a data item that can be sent to your browser. Your browser may then store it on your system based on the preferences you have set on your browser. Cookies gather information about your operating system including, but not limited to, browser type, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
Metataxis use this information to analyse the traffic on our website, to look at the page views as well as the length of time spent on each page and better serve you when you return to our website. It is not our intention to use such information to personally identify a user. This information is held in an aggregated and anonymous form. You have the option to configure your internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Further, you have the option to block all cookies. Please note, however, that if you refuse or otherwise block cookies you may not be able to use all of the functionality available on our Website.
Data Protection and Information Security
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your Personal Information against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration. This includes our Microsoft 365 tenant being backed up daily with backups held in the Cloud on servers physically located in the UK or EU.
Although no-one can claim to be 100% immune to data breaches, please be assured that if we identify a potential data protection issue we will take all reasonable steps to limit and correct it.
Disclosing your Personal Information to Third Parties
If necessary or appropriate, and without notifying you, Metataxis may disclose your Personal Information to external third parties in the following circumstances:
- to companies and individuals we employ to perform business functions and services on our behalf. Examples of service providers include: providing payroll services; background screening and verification services; data storage facilities in the Cloud; hosting our Web servers; analysing data and producing statistics, and legal, accounting, audit and other professional services.
- to government agencies including: HM Revenue & Customs; UK Border Agency; Home Office; Police and other law enforcement agencies; regulatory and supervisory authorities (such as the UK Information Commissioner); credit reference agencies; the Disclosure and Barring Service; and 3rd parties performing sanctions and terrorism checks.
- to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of Metataxis; (c) prevent a crime, protect national security or for fraud detection or prevention; or (d) protect the personal safety of individuals using our website or members of the public.
Where applicable, we will impose appropriate contractual, security, confidentiality and other obligations on to third party service providers and processors we have appointed, based on the nature of the services they provide to us.
- We will only permit them to process your Personal Information in accordance with the law and our instructions.
- We do not allow them to use your Personal information for their own purposes and when our relationship ends we will ensure your Personal Information is securely returned or destroyed.
Data Subject Requests
If we hold personal data about you and you would like to make a Data Subject Request (e.g. you would like to access, amend, transfer to a third party, object to or restrict processing or erase your personal data) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request as soon as we can and will endeavour to respond to all valid requests within one month. If we think a response will take longer than one month, we will let you know within that month. To help us respond, we may ask you to provide more detail.
You will be able to find further information on Data Subject Rights on the Information Commissioner Office website. (link to ICO website)